Let Me Tell You About A Porcupines Balls

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Instant Searches Gone Bad

Like any normal Wednesday, I was putting a good majority of my eggs into the "searching for Ghostbusters images on Google" basket.

I began to type in a classic figure in modern film history, Vigo the Carpathian. Google instant search had other plans though:


I was automatically directed to search results for the term "vigor", which is 100% synonymous (to google) with dick-sex problems.


This is what I imagine the back-end of google's search server to look like as I typed in my request:


User has typed:
  • Vigo
Assumed things about user:
  • Meant to type Vigor
  • In no way meant to search for a creepy possessed painting that looks suspiciously like Fred Thompson
  • Has problems with their limp dick
  • Definitely didn't intend to search for the seventeenth century tyrant that possessed a painting and terrorized New York City in the 80s
Show results for:
  • Fixing the limp-dicked user's limp dick

Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, Vigo the Unholy, or Fred Thompson? I'm hard pressed to distinguish one from the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment